Car accidents can be extremely detrimental when it comes to a person’s health and livelihood. It can be a very scary situation. Sometimes, auto accident victims who have been seriously injured cannot do the things they had done before; they can no longer move or function the way they used to. A lot of auto accident victims are unable to sleep, sit or stand for long periods of time, take care of themselves, and become very dependent on pain medication. Here at AdvaCare Clinics, we can help you step by step through the process following a car accident and start the healing process the natural way.
There are many steps that need to be taken after every car accident. Advacare clinics have come up with the first 10 which are steps that need to be taken within the first 10 minutes, hours, and days after a car accident. These steps are made to make the situation a little smoother while going through difficult times:
The First 10 Minutes:
- Stay Calm- asses passengers
- Call 9-1-1 immediately if injuries or severe vehicle damage
- Move out of traffic IF it’s safe
- Turn hazard lights on
- Be polite- don’t admit fault. Give only facts to police
- Take pictures if safe and take notes
- Exchange: name, address, phone, license plate, driver’s license, insurance
- Ask witnesses for names, phone numbers and addresses
The First 10 Hours:
- Secure vehicle- remove valuables
- See AdvaCare Clinics even if injuries are minor
- Record weather, time, location, statements made
- File accident report as required by state law
- Contact insurance agent
- Photograph visible injuries
- Contact employer if you are unable to work
The First 10 Days:
- See Advacare Clinics even if injuries seem minor, soft tissue injuries can go unnoticed for months
- Get a spinal stress test to check for joint, ligament, or soft tissue injury. Even with lack of pain or severe pain
There has been a trend where the insuance company of the at fault driver will offer the injured person a “fast” settlement. This usually will happen 2-4 days after the car accident. It will usually be a settlement of around $750.00. It is enough money to get some people’s attention. If you accept this offer, you are signing your legal right away for future recovery and settlement for injuries that may not fully develop until weeks later. This is why insurance companies want to get the injured victim to settle “quickly”. Always consult an attorney as to what your rights are.
Being in a car accident can be a very stressful situation for both the victim and his or her family and friends. The last thing you want to worry about is suffering with chronic pain for weeks, months, and even years. Also, never make the mistake or conception that you are “bullet proof” and that it will never happen to you. AdvaCare Clinics is here to help you with your path to recovery after a car accident or any whiplash injury. With the latest equipment and therapies, our team, Dr. Dennis Lenselink DC, Dr. Biel, MD, and Physical Therapist Michael Wilkes can help with your road to recovery.
Give us a call at (952)835-6653 or stop in to schedule your free screening to start your road to recovery. They only take about 10 minutes!