Most people know that stretching can increase flexibility and better balance. But did you know it does all this:
- Increases flexibility
- Increases mobility
- Improves balance
- Improves posture
- Improves athletic performance
- Reduces tension
- Reduces stress
- Reduces anxiety
- Decreases the risk of injury
Stretching also is the cheapest and the simplest exercise you’ll ever do and requires no equipment, floor space or special clothes.
3 Stretching Tips
Stretching conditions the muscles for exertion and exercise, making every muscle movement more efficient.
- Always warm up your muscles for at least five minutes prior to stretching–good warm-ups include jogging in place, slow biking and jumping jacks.
- When you start, never bounce or bob. Not only is this less effective than simply “holding” the stretch, but it can also be very dangerous and lead to injuries.
- Always complete each stretch for both sides of your body or limb in the same way.
Ask us for a list of stretches that can help your spine at your next visit!
Every Chiropractor, every doctor, every nurse, every healthcare professional has “the one”. The one patient who:
- inspired us to go into medicine.
- reminds us why we continue to treat.
- comes prepared with the list of medication and symptoms.
- is surprised that we can name what medication they were put on first, then what medication
- was added to combat the symptoms created by the original medication.
- shows astonishment when we tell them that if they go off all the medication they be back to their first complaint.
The first thing that happens when someone goes into the doctor with complaints of pain is to be put on prescribed drugs. According to a federal survey:
- 5 million Americans 12 and over have used pain relievers
- 3 million Americans used tranquilizers
- 2 million Americans used stimulants
- 6 million Americans used sedatives
The Domino Effect…
Patients are prescribed drugs to treat the side effects caused by their prescribed drugs. The closer we look at this domino effect, we see that both over-the-counter and prescriptions are responsible for the sky rocketing number of suffering patients from ailments unrelated to the condition they were first seeking medical attention.
Stopping the Domino Effect….
We are stopping the domino effect! At Advacare Clinics we offer integrated approaches to your issues. Yes, you want to get out of pain and we will do everything possible to accomplish that, but we are always looking for “the cause” not stopping at the symptom. Let our combination of health care professionals find out the cause of your “IT”, the pain stopping you from enjoying life. You are unique and your health care should not be a recipe approved by an accountant or the typical managed care “Doc in the Box” approach; Pain pills, Opioids, Steroids, Surgery (POSS), then wash rinse repeat with no option or consideration of proven effective options.
We offer health care choices for ”the ones” who want a unique experience than mainstream medicine and the domino effect of POSS. We can incorporate an assortment of practices that will produce a more natural outcome without creating other issues that lead to drug dependence. Call today for a free consultation.
We have helped so many experience a better level of health, wellness and a pain-free life. We believe we offer the widest selection of treatment options for you the consumer to choose from. We feel you should have options and have the choice of regenerative therapies, nutrition therapies, oral and IV to help you heal and repair. We also offer Medical Cannabis certification for your ability to have this option.
We integrate your care with our skilled Healthcare Team of Chiropractic, Physical Therapist, Acupuncture Specialists, Massage Therapists and Medical providers. Call for a free consultation to see how are care could help you when others have not: 952-835-6653.
Spinal musculoskeletal disorders may occur in your daily life, at home, work or recreation. You may know how miserable it can be when your back is hurting, but do you know things you could do to help keep your spine healthy?
- Good Posture! Good posture is fundamental to good health. It helps to avoid complications such as decreased blood circulation, and chest pressure. It facilities your breathing by opening your airways. It keeps your spine healthy.
- Healthy Nutrition! Nutrition is a crucial component to prevent back pain. Nourish your bones, muscles, discs and other structure in the spine. A diet high in leafy greens and delicious vegetables is beneficial.
- Move it! Regular exercise is always needed to function well. Working your abdominal muscles will help maintain proper function. Strengthening your core muscles will strengthen your spine and lower the risk of back pain. Our Physical Therapists can teach your specially targeted exercises to add stability and strength.
- Sleep Well! A good night’s sleep allows your spine to relax and rejuvenate just like the rest of your body. Make sure your spine is supported while you sleep and avoid sleeping on your stomach when possible. Sleeping on your side will give you a better night’s rest.
AdvaCare Clinics can help you maintain healthy musculoskeletal and nervous systems to ensure your overall wellness.
Living in Minnesota, you know it feels so good to be outside in the warm weather! Maybe you are visiting one of the beautiful State or National Parks (http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/index.html), walking one of the many trails or touring Minneapolis by bike (http://minneapolisbybike.com). Regardless of the activity, what if you “overdo it” and the result is pain. For relief, do you ice it or use heat?
Here are a few basics:
- ICE – When you stress a muscle there are micro tears that occur which create inflammation. Ice will slow and minimize the inflammation. Athletes may crawl in a large whirlpool after hard workouts IF the whirlpool is filled with cold water and ice! We suggest no longer than 20 minute intervals with 30-40 minutes between icing sessions.
- HEAT – Heat is great before exercise to loosen up muscles and tendons but never after exercise. Heat may feel good after aches and pains from physical activity but will always increase inflammation, resulting in greater pain.
If pain persists, make an appointment to see us. Our chiropractic care, physical therapy, medical and massage options ensure that we are able to provide you with the care you need to get your health back.
Don’t tell me that you understand
Don’t tell me that you know.
Don’t tell me that I will survive,
How I will surely grow.
Don’t tell me this is just a test,
That I am truly blessed,
That I am chosen for this task,
Apart from all the rest. Continue reading “Edina Fibromyalgia Relief”
Let’s get physical! Have you been in an accident that has completely debilitated you and has possibly even decreased your quality of life? If this is you, then it’s time to get physical. No, we aren’t talking about Olivia Newton-John, but if it helps, go ahead and put on that headband and bring in your spandex. At AdvaCare Clinics Advanced Healthcare Solutions, we are dedicated to lifting you up and providing you the care you need to get your health back. Located in the heart of Bloomington, MN, we are leading the healthcare industry for wellness after car accident injuries. Continue reading “Physical Therapy Bloomington”
Throughout life, there is a constant battle between traditional and alternative. Whether you are deciding how to plan your wedding or how you will treat your pain, there is always a traditional and alternative method. When you are experiencing pain, the normal thing to do is go to your doctor. The only real question is, which doctor is going to help you achieve your long term health goals? For example, if you visit your regular primary care doctor, there is only so much they can do for that nagging back pain of yours. They may give you a couple exercises to try at home, give you some pain pills that make you groggy, and then ultimately, when those interventions don’t work, refer you to a surgeon to “fix” the problem. Not happy with that solution? Neither are we! AdvaCare Clinics Advanced Healthcare Solutions recognized that problem within Bloomington Healthcare clinics and decided to find a better alternative. Continue reading “Alternative Medical Care VS Traditional Medical Care”
Pain is an issue that Americans deal with on a daily basis. In fact, pain affects more individuals than heart disease, diabetes and cancer put together. A study in 2011 showed that more than 100 million adult aged Americans are dealing with chronic pain issues. Everyone that struggles with pain knows that medication may be able to solve your issues temporarily, but they do not provide long term solutions. If you are sick of relying on medication to limit your symptoms, consider taking a more holistic approach to your pain management. Continue reading “Chronic Pain Treatment”
When you think of physical therapy, what do you see? Do you see the athlete training side by side with a healthcare professional, improving their quad strength after an ACL repair? Do you see an older woman walking with assistance to improve her mobility after her hip replacement? A young dad trying to release the tension in his shoulder after a car accident? How about a soldier who is learning how to move his arms again after a spinal cord injury? No matter what you visualize, you will be right. At AdvaCare Clinics Advanced Healthcare Solutions, we serve all different types of injuries and clientele. Our physical therapist in Edina work with patients who have impairments, limitations, disabilities, or a change in their physical function and health status because of an injury or disease. Continue reading “Physical Therapy Treatment Edina”
Not feeling 100% can quickly become frustrating. If you suffer from an ailment, limitation, disability, or chronic condition that consistently causes pain in your life, you may want to consider physical therapy. Serving as a holistic approach to managing your pain, physical therapy can help you rely more on true body recovery instead of temporary comfort from medication. Looking for a physical therapist in Bloomington, MN can be overwhelming. One thing’s for sure, you will not go wrong by partnering with a physical therapist from AdvaCare Clinics Advanced Healthcare Solution. Take control of the pain in your life with the help of our hands on team that has over 85 years of combined experience. Continue reading “Physical Therapy Treatment Bloomington”