High heels, can they be the bearer of unnecessary pain? Wearing high heels can strain the lower back and neck as well as increase pressure on the knees, ankles and feet. Your feet carry the weight of your body, so when selecting new footwear we have some tips that you may find helpful.
- Find the best ‘fit’ and not a shoe that is too loose or too tight.
- Avoid pointy shoes which pinch the toes.
- Choose heels that are no more than two inches especially for everyday use.
- Select heels that are more platform (square).
- Choose shoes with a comfy insole.
- Test before purchasing – walk around in the shoes to see how they feel and if they rub anywhere.
When wearing high heels, the following tips are always a good idea.
- Try not to stand too long at any one time in high heels.
- If you are walking long distances, bring along flat shoes and swap shoes till you get to your destination.
- When sitting, remove your shoes and stretch out your feet
If you are experiencing strain when walking, strain in your lower back, knees or ankles, contact AdvaCare Clinic today at 952-835-6653 or fill out our online form.