Most people know that stretching can increase flexibility and better balance. But did you know it does all this:
- Increases flexibility
- Increases mobility
- Improves balance
- Improves posture
- Improves athletic performance
- Reduces tension
- Reduces stress
- Reduces anxiety
- Decreases the risk of injury
Stretching also is the cheapest and the simplest exercise you’ll ever do and requires no equipment, floor space or special clothes.
3 Stretching Tips
Stretching conditions the muscles for exertion and exercise, making every muscle movement more efficient.
- Always warm up your muscles for at least five minutes prior to stretching–good warm-ups include jogging in place, slow biking and jumping jacks.
- When you start, never bounce or bob. Not only is this less effective than simply “holding” the stretch, but it can also be very dangerous and lead to injuries.
- Always complete each stretch for both sides of your body or limb in the same way.
Ask us for a list of stretches that can help your spine at your next visit!