Looking to start your new career in the commercial driving industry? While commercial driving is a great field, there are certain steps you have to take before you are ready to get in the truck and drive. One of those steps is receiving a DOT physical examination. Living in Bloomington, MN, you are in luck because AdvaCare Clinics Advanced Healthcare Solutions is right in your backyard and available to perform your DOT physical quickly so that you can be ready to arrive for duty as a commercial driver.
Time is Money
At Advacare Clinics Advanced Healthcare Solutions, we understand that your time is valuable. The longer you have to spend dealing with getting a physical, the less money you get to put in your pocket. That is why our dedicated staff places a strong focus on getting you in and out of our practice quickly. Once you arrive, our team will perform a certified physical examination that meets the requirements of The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
What is Included in a DOT Medical Examination?
Driving a commercial vehicle is no easy job. You must be able to properly maneuver your vehicle during heavy traffic, poor weather, and you’ll need to be able to park the vehicle in tight spaces. Due to these job requirements, the DOT physical focuses on reviewing the following areas:
- Vision – It should come as no surprise that your vision needs to be in tip top shape in order to drive a commercial vehicle. Your sight will be tested from all different angles to ensure that your vision is up to par.
- Hearing – Another important aspect of driving is being able to hear properly. The sound of horns can serve as a warning sign to put you on alert while on the road. Without the ability to hear these external sounds including odd sounds coming from your own vehicle, you risk putting yourself and others in danger.
- Reflexes – As a commercial driver, one bad move can affect the safety of yourself and others around you in an instant. Our physicians will test your muscles, reflexes and other sensory tasks to ensure that operating the motor vehicle will not be an issue.
- Mental Focus and Awareness – Being a commercial driver can be extremely stressful at times. The DOT physical tests your alertness, awareness, patience and decision making skills to help confirm that you could handle being on the road regularly.
- Strength and Endurance – Driving a commercial vehicle may not be the only job with your employer. You may also be responsible for lifting and pulling the items that you are transporting. Therefore, our staff is required to test your physical endurance as well.
So if you live in Bloomington, MN and are in need of being seen quickly for a DOT physical, AdvaCare Clinics Advanced Healthcare Solutions has you covered. Give us a call today at (952) 835-6653 to set up an appointment with one of our licensed examiners.