Pain is an issue that Americans deal with on a daily basis. In fact, pain affects more individuals than heart disease, diabetes and cancer put together. A study in 2011 showed that more than 100 million adult aged Americans are dealing with chronic pain issues. Everyone that struggles with pain knows that medication may be able to solve your issues temporarily, but they do not provide long term solutions. If you are sick of relying on medication to limit your symptoms, consider taking a more holistic approach to your pain management. AdvaCare Clinics Advanced Healthcare Solutions, based in Bloomington, MN, offers a wide range of non-medicinal based approaches to limiting and getting rid of your chronic pain symptoms. Our dedicated staff places an emphasis on holistic healthcare options such as exercise, physical therapy, massage, chiropractic services, laser therapy and acupuncture.
Risks of Medication
There are reasons why we at AdvaCare Clinics try to stay away from focusing on medication as a solution for dealing with chronic pain. Addiction is a common issue that individual’s struggle with when relying so heavily on medicine. Additionally, certain types of medication can have significant side effects. Common medications used for chronic pain and their side effects include:
- Anti-inflammatory and Acetaminophen – Excessive use of these medications can harm your kidney, GI system and can even cause blood clots. Long term heart risks are associated with overuse as well.
- Antidepressants – This type of medication is not for everyone. For those dealing with other issues such as glaucoma, antidepressants should not be prescribed. Additionally, these drugs can cause minor side effects such as dry mouth.
- Anticonvulsants – Drowsiness and weight gain are common side effects of this type of medicine.
- Muscle Relaxers – Drowsiness is the biggest side effect associated with this type of drug.
- Opioids – Constipation, drowsiness and nausea are common issues that individuals deal with when taking this medicine.
Our Holistic Pain Management Approach
Rather than worrying about the side effects that various medication causes, consider pursuing a holistic approach to managing your chronic pain. Our team has over 85 years of combined experience and offers a wide range of chronic pain solutions. We hope that you will grant us the privilege to combine multiple medical services designed to create a custom wellness plan to help with your chronic pain.
If you are sick of relying on medication and do not want to go under the knife, consider teaming up with AdvaCare Clinics Advanced Healthcare Solutions to help manage your chronic pain. Visit our Bloomington, MN location or give us a call at (952) 835-6653 to learn more about our holistic chronic pain treatment options.