The requirements for DOT certification have become quite strict, making it important to keep up with your CDL medical card as well as your next CDL exam in Minnesota, MN. At AdvaCare Clinics we’re fully certified to perform DOT physicals. If you’re located in the Minneapolis or Bloomington areas, skip the lines at other offices and stop by AdvaCare for your DOT CDL exams in Minnesota.
Facts About DOT Physicals
A DOT physical exam must be conducted by a medical professional that is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s National Registry. A DOT Physical Exam is valid for up to 24 months and a medical professional may issue a medical examiner’s certificate for less than 24 months if necessary to monitor a certain health condition.
Importance of Recordkeeping
It is important for drivers who hold CDL’s to keep their CDL medical card on their person at all times in case of being stopped by DOT personnel. Failure to produce a medical card can result in stiff penalties as well as seizure of your tractor-trailer.
Prior to Your DOT Physical Exam
At AdvaCare Clinics, we encourage you to do a few things prior to coming in for your DOT physical.
- Insurance does not typically cover the cost of your physical exam. Some employers may pay for your exam, but be prepared to remit payment for your exam at your visit.
- Below is a list of items that may be helpful to bring with you to your appointment:
- Last CDL Medical Card
- List of any medications, procedures and healthcare related information for the past 5 years
- Glasses or contacts if your vision necessitates a prescription
- A full bladder – we’ll need to take a urine sample
- If you use a CPAP – you must provide a usage log for the past year as well as information about the last time that you were examined by a doctor for this condition.
- Bring medical information about any chronic conditions that you may have
- State photo id (drivers license is recommended).
- Hearing aids if you use them
Contact AdvaCare Today for Your DOT Physical Exam
Contact AdvaCare today at 952-835-6653 to schedule a medical assessment for you or your entire trucking company. As long as you bring all of the necessary information and your appointment is not complicated you should be in and out of our Bloomington offices in 30-45 minutes.