If you’ve never experienced back pain you may find it hard to believe that this type of pain can leave you literally chained to the bed or recliner to prevent excruciating pain. Many people struggle with back pain each and everyday of their lives constantly looking for a way out. Unfortunately millions of people have turned to prescription pain relievers for help with chronic pain, which can create a chemical dependence that is difficult to break. At AdvaCare Clinics in Minnesota we work hard to provide non-surgical back pain relief treatments that help to offer long term back pain relief without expensive and addictive medications.
Surprising Facts About Back Pain
- 31 million Americans are dealing with back pain at any given time.
- 50% of all working Americans admit to experiencing back pain each year.
- Lower back pain is the #1 cause of disability across the world according to a 2010 study.
- Back pain experts surmise that 80% of the population will experience back pain at some point in their lives.
- Back pain is one of the top reasons employees miss work and is the second most common reason for doctor visits.
- Americans spend at least 50 billion dollars each year on back pain relief.
Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
Chiropractic care in the form of spinal manipulation offers an effective and safe treatment for back pain. This method of treatment helps to reduce pain and prescription medication and also advances the benefits of physical therapy all while significantly reducing the amount of passive treatment (ie. bed rest) that is necessary.
Tips to Prevent Back Pain
Follow the tips below to reduce back pain in your daily life.
- Stay healthy!
- Remain active
- Have regular visits with your Doctor of Chiropractic
- Stretch prior to any strenuous activity or exercise
- Try to maintain proper posture
- Try to avoid high-heeled shoes
- Sleep on a medium-firm mattress to reduce the curvature of your spine
- Stop smoking
- When lifting heavy objects, lift with your knees and keep the object as close to your body as possible.
Ready to Live a Pain Free Life?
If you’re fed up with back pain, we totally understand! At AdvaCare Clinics we work with patients all over Minnesota who are taking their lives back thanks to back pain relief through chiropractic services. Give us a call today in our Bloomington offices at (952) 835-6653 to schedule an appointment or to learn more about our treatment options.