The konisburg test, or the adrenal stress test, is a test that involves checking the adrenal gland and its functions. The job of the adrenals are responsible for the secretion of the body’s major stress hormones, coritsol, and DHEA. The test also measures level of secretory IgA which is important for immune function. AdvaCare Clinics, located in Bloomington, MN , offers the adrenal stress tests for all patients. The adrenal stress test gives you the ability to focus in and balance your stress hormone levels.
The adrenal glands are two small glands that perch on top of the kidneys. They help us deal with life’s stresses by secreting certain hormones: cortisol and DHEA. Although the adrenal glands help us every day, they do not secrete hormones all the time. Typically, they are secreted in a cycle called the circadian rhythm. The circadian rhythm is just like the sleep/wake cycle: they release the highest amount of hormones in the morning, and the least amount at night.
If you are in a period of long-term stress or severe mental or physical stress, the adrenal glands may go into overdrive. This means that if they work too hard for too long, they will later become exhausted. This means that the hormonal levels of Cortisol, DHEA in the blood stream will become imbalanced.
Stress can be caused by anything. Poor diet and nutrition (sugar and caffeine), lifestyle habits (smoking and alcohol), too much exercise causing injury, marriage, divorce, debt, are all contributes to our stress levels. We need our adrenal glands perfectly sound so we can be able to get through each day balancing our stress levels.
Other reasons our stress hormones are so important to be balance include:
- Maintain emotional and physical energy
- Strengthen the immune system against illnesses including the flu and cold
- Slow down the aging process, decrease PMS and menstrual issues
- Help with mood and mood swings
- Metabolism, aid in reduce fat storage, and balance appetite
- Help prevent osteoporosis
- Control and stabilize a healthy blood pressure level
- Lower LDL, or “bad”, cholesterol levels
There are very many symptoms of stress, and it differs from person to person. What could cause stress for you, could be handled just fine for someone else. Here are a few symptoms of stress:
- Low energy / fatigue
- Loss of libido
- decrease in motivation and drive
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Menopause / hot flushes
- Weight gain
- Weight loss
- Mood swings
- Panic attacks
- Nervousness and / or irritability
- Digestive disturbances in the G.I tract (diarrhea, constipation, bloating, stomach aches/ pains)
- Abdominal obesity
- Inexplicable hunger
- Increased number of minor infections, and viruses
- Poor concentration and memory
- Increased sensitivities to food, alcohol intolerance
- Skin problems (eczema, psoriasis)
- Loss of skin elasticity
- And many more…
Call AdvaCare Clinics (952) 835-6653 today if you have any questions about the adrenal stress test, or to set up a screening today. We offer many screenings that have the ability to determine what treatments would be the most beneficial for you that only take 5 to 10 minutes to assess. All screenings are quick, easy and pain free.